Click for more info !

Friday, December 19, 2014

Perth Day 4 ( 23/11/2014)

It's Sunday today !  Rise and shine.  Such beautiful weather today...warm sunshine with cool breeze, and looking out from the cottage, you see animals roaming around, tree leaves on branches swaying ever so gentle that it was as though an orchestra was playing!

There's animal feeding session today and the kids went ahead to join Vinnie.  I stayed inside the cottage to enjoy a cuppa and also pack a simple lunch, filled thermo flasks with coffee and tea etc as we will be setting off on a longer drive today to Augusta and Cape Leeuwin.  Having read up on the internet that it can get cold and windy at Cape Leeuwin..I made everyone put on an extra layer of clothing.  Wise thinking ! :))

None of us had breakfast this morning as we will be heading out to the famous Sea Gardens for our breakfast.






What a surprise! Farmer Vinnie actually delivered a bucket load of yabbies to us ! Fresh and alive! Wowww!  Simply because old dad mentioned that he loves seafood.  How's that for hospitality ! At it's level best, I would say.  We left the bucket of yabbies at the basin and will have 'em for dinner!



After the excitement of seeing yabbies died down, we set off .. blue skies..powered with feathery clouds..awesome combo!  We are on our way to Sea Gardens...



This is THE place to go to for your breakfast!  No regrets at all.  In fact, old folks loved it so much that they actually asked to go back a 2nd time the following day !  That good huh !



Seated facing the main road, you have a wonderful view of some private houses and the sea right within your sight.

We ordered pancakes, Breakfast Bombi ( hot fav item among customers), pancakes and ham,bacon and egg set.Yummilicioussssss!


Coffee...my daily caffeine dosage..I asked for less milk, and they actually surprised me by giving me an additional shot..no extra cost.







It is the atmosphere and the scenery around that makes breakfast here a memorable one.  Laid back, relax and friendly staff.


After a most satisfying meal, we set off to Cape Leeuwin.  But 1st, we stopped by Augusta Bakery, the much talked about bakery.  You do not need to purposely detour, it is along the way and you will definitely see it on your left if you care driving to Cape Leeuwin.




When I first entered the bakery, I was not impressed at all.  It is just like any other bakeries in Perth and even kind of similar to bakery shop set up in Singapore.  Anyway, I thought, since we are there, might as well buy some stuff and try.  I remembered reading on some blogs that say that this bakery has very very very good pies.  So I ordered a lamb shank pie, my kids bought a apple fold-over and another pie ( can't remember which).

Boy oh boy ! The lamb shank pie?!  The first bite brought me to seventh heaven !  The lamb meat tasted just like those from Secret Recipie. Big chunks of meat, generous fillings.  I was so wrong to judge a bakery just by its look !  The apple fold-over was equally just as good.  Freshness !

In fact, I was so in love with the lamb shank pie that I was looking for it back in Perth - but non of the bakeries that I've visited sell this.  So I guess, this is uniquely only from Augusta Bakery.  If you ever go there, do not miss this !




Half eaten Lamb Shank Pie...thumbs up x infinity!


After a half an hour stop, we set off to Cape Leeuwin.  Finally, arrived !


The scenery was amazing.  Color contrast between the sky and earth...striking !





Old folks not interested in climbing all the way up the lighthouse, so we only paid for entrance fee to walk around the compound.




LOL! From the many bogs that I have visited while doing my homework, I saw many people posted the following cafe's picture..so now my turn.  People post I also post :)))


See the man in white shirt?  Yes, we bought our entrance tickets from him.  He will also had out a audio guide set with each ticket purchased.  Choice of language : english or chinese.













After Cape Leeuwin...we decided to head back to Margaret River as the weather suddenly turned a little cranky with intermittent rain.  A quick stop at Coles to buy stuff for dinner cooking tonite, then we headed back to the cottage.  Kids wanted to spend some time to  roam around the farm to play with the animals so heading back early will give them the chance.  

Me and old folks?  Old Ma prepared dinner while Old pa and me took a leisurely stroll around the farm.

See this gate? Each time we drive back, one of us will have to alight and open this gate, and when our car passed through, we will have to close back the gate.  This is to prevent animals from running away. LOL!


Oh yabbies !  For dinner later on..

Freshly laid eggs that was collected from yesterday's and this morning's animal feeding session.




After dinner, everyone crowd round the fireplace for a chit chat session, some ipad games etc before retiring for the night.

It will be another exciting day tomorrow!

No comments:

I booked my hotel using