Click for more info !

Friday, November 16, 2012

Preparing for Taiwan Trip 22/11/12 - 1/12/12 Part 6/6

Counting down! 5 more days before our trip! Yay!!

Work is so darn busy that there's simply no time to do anything else. Old folks went for a tour in Cambodia last week and I was running around like a lunatic, shuffling between work, meetings, fetching kids for tuition, picking them up from school, preparing their meals etc. Not a schedule for the faint hearted! Colleagues around me are most wonderful.. Keeping track of my time and literally nag till I cheong out of office to pick kids. Hahaha..in case you are wondering still ... Yes I am a super lousy time keeper !

Finally finally found sometime today, sat down and calculated the luggage weightage that we will
need to purchase from Tiger Airways. End up buying an additional of 20 kg for start of trip and another 80 kg for end of trip. Total cost $145/- . Wah travel on budget airline super troublesome .. But can save money and have more $$$ to spend during trip.. So I shut gap and no complain.

Last weekend I went to the money changer inside CK located just below the Chinatown hawker centre. Good rate lei! Listed on board was 23.3. When I told them I want to buy more TWD and if there is a special rate? The boss told me if above SGD3000 can give us 23.38. Wah..quickly get old folks to also change money on the spot. Good rate no lose out..

Just checked live data on Taipei weather. Hmmm looks like we can expect some rainy days. There was also a warning advisory on heavy rain and thunderstorm today. Geez pray pray no rain please when we are there. Hate gloomy weather that makes you feel that there is no color in this world.

Check out live Taipei weather over here..whether it rained and hourly weather.. also warnings of thunderstorm, earthquakes, typhoon etc. Takes a while to navigate but worth the effort.

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V7e/forecast/

Coming Tuesday must remember to wake up 8.30am and log into Tiger Airways to check in and get seats.

It is almost 2.00pm now as I blog this post from Clementi kopi tiam. :)). Going home soon to start packing for the trip and then it is out to Chinatown to eat my favorite Mala Hotpot! Nomm nomm yumm yumm!!

No comments:

I booked my hotel using