Click for more info !

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Taipei Day 10 (1/12/2012)

We will be returning home today.  Mixed feeling :) On one hand we did not want the holiday to end, but on the other hand, we kind of miss our home and for me, the nightmare of having to rocket through one whole chunk of massive emails makes me want to return home faster to sort these out.

Our intention for the day is to reach the airport much earlier, check-in and have something to eat there before boarding our flight.  As Mr Lai is still not free to send us to the airport, he sent Mr Wang.  Although the journey to the airport takes only about one hour, we were not too comfortable with Mr Wang.  Thank god he was not our guide for our outings! 
Mr Wang has some inconvenience in movement and needed clutches.  That caused me to worry if we will be having a safe ride to the airport. But I guessed he would have to be an experience driver despite his "inconvenience movement".  What puts me off was his sense of cold humor, which does not go down well with my old folks or me.  So for most part of the journey, we rode in his car in silence..

Once we reached the airport, said bye bye to Mr Wang and we walked into the airport.


There it is, our flight TR2993..

 After checking in our luggage, we walked around and went down to the basement food court to have our meal. Nice food!  :)

















After our meal, we proceed to clear immigration..






Following pictures taken when I was on the travelator..




Finally! Reached the waiting area to board our flight!  Yay!  In no time we will be home!  Suddenly, after one over week of busy activities, sight-seeing, eating..... tiredness seem to suddenly wash over me and I can only look forward to be home asap!

Bye bye Taipei !




When we reached Singapore, it was close to 6.30pm.  Kids and me had dinner at Popeyes while old folks ate at the food court. 

Took a taxi home and first thing when we reached home, guess what we did?  Yes, took out everything that we have purchased and display them in one long train line ! 

Overall this has been a wonderful trip for the old and young.  Hospitality of the taiwanese is so evident and when we are there, we can't help but be influenced by them..like keeping strictly to the right when going up or down stairs, escalator, no matter how heavy the human traffic is...learning to carry a little bag for our rubbish...never take up seats that are meant for seniors, pregnant ladies or very young kids.  It has indeed been an educational trip for my kids.

Accumulated one whole stack of receipts.  Will keep and match the numbers on 25/1/2013.  If so lucky as to strike a big prize, we will be going to Taipei again ! :))

TAIPEI.....


No comments:

I booked my hotel using